posted Sunday, August 3rd, 2008 at 10:12 pm
I’ve decided to make this post a series of questions…because I really want to hear what you have to say. Since I’ve started my research on work life interconnectivity issues, these are some of the burning questions that keep me up at night- oh yeah and the blogging
- What are your main work, life, family balance issues?
- Why is work life family balance such a difficult issue to resolve?
- Have work life balance issues affected your fertility decisions?
- Why do women, and mothers still take on the bulk of domestic unpaid work, despite juggle jobs and children?
- Why do married women do more housework than women in de facto relationships?
- Does part-time work give mothers greater flexiblity and balance?
- Does part-time work free mothers up to do more unpaid work?
- Is part-time work for both co-habiting couples with children a way to more equally share child care and domestic work?
- Do fathers feel they can take up family-friendly options at work?
- Do fathers still feel the pressure to be primary breadwinners?
- Are dad’s getting their preferred amount of time with their children?
- Do we value caring work enough?
- What’s the meaning of life? (just kidding) that’s probably enough for now…
but please feel free to add your own questions to this list..